Location:Switzerland and Slovakia
Elena as a well-recognized expert in diabetes and metabolic diseases served in various executive positions in pharma industry. Elena has been instrumental in biomarker discovery and personalized healthcare with a strong commitment to system biology and system medicine.
Previously, Elena’s academic career spanned over 25 years in basic and clinical research in integrated physiology, diabetes, metabolic diseases, and she is widely published in these fields. She is a lecturer, guest co-editor of the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, and EC Expert in Life Sciences. She is co-founder of DIABGENE Laboratory for the diagnosis of monogenic forms of diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
Key Specialities and Interests
- Metabolic and cardiovascular diseases
- Drug discovery and development
- Personalized healthcare
- System biology and system medicine
- Team management, talent development, mentoring, coaching
- Graduate, Technical University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- PhD and DSc, Vienna University, Austria; Medical faculty in Edmonton, Canada and Boston Medical Center, USA