Position:Axxelis Expert Group
Mathieu is a healthcare executive with over 25 years’ in Leadership positions across Clinical Development and Medical Affairs in multiple therapy areas: Hypertension, Heart Failure, Atherosclerosis, Cardiac Arrhythmias/Atrial Fibrillation, CV risk reduction, Diabetes/Metabolism and Chronic Kidney Diseases. Broad experience across the entire spectrum of drug development, regulatory strategies, launch excellence, lifecycle planning, BD&L and medical affairs in the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies (Pfizer and Novartis). Mathieu led complex healthcare projects, change management, mergers, cross-functional teams and organizations across different countries and cultures: Europe, USA, Canada, Asia, Latin America and Japan). Lived and worked in France, UK, US, and currently in Switzerland. Cardiovascular specialist with over ten years in academic cardiology: Intensive Coronary Care, cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure, clinical cardiology and nuclear medicine cardiac imaging. Key roles: M-Ghadanfar Consulting / Life Sciences (Basel - Switzerland): President Novartis Pharma AG (Basel, Switzerland) VP, Site Head Medical Affairs and Deputy to Global Head Medical Affairs and CMO Pharma VP, Global Head of Medical & Scientific Excellence – Global Medical Affairs VP, Worldwide Medical Head– Cardio-Metabolic and Critical Care Franchise VP – Global Head Hypertension & Nephrology Clinical Science Unit (R&D) VP, Global Medical Head for Direct Renin Inhibitors (DRIs) Projects (Clinical Development and Medical Affairs) Pfizer Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY- USA) Senior Director, Worldwide Medical Team Leader Cardiovascular
Key Specialities and Interests
- Scientific and medical advice in Cardiovascular therapy area covering Hypertension, Heart Failure, Atherosclerosis, Cardiac Arrhythmias/Atrial Fibrillation, CV risk reduction, Diabetes/Metabolism and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cardiovascular safety of non-cardiovascular drugs
- Review of regulatory strategy and clinical contribution to regulatory core documents: Clinical Overview, Summary of clinical safety and efficacy documents.
- Clinical contribution to value dossier.
- Clinical advice on development plans, compound development and medical affairs strategies
- Setting up and building medical affairs department and teams; preparing medical affairs for the future of healthcare
- Medical Launch strategy and launch excellence
- Life cycle planning
- Scientific/Medical advisor
- Coaching / Mentoring and medical leadership building
- Integration of new technologies/digital solutions into healthcare projects: telehealth and remote care
- External affairs and medical policy